December 2-5, 2019 • Scottsdale, AZ
Tuition: $1,995 • CPE Credits: 31
This 4-day seminar provides understanding and working knowledge necessary to prepare and file 2019 Health Annual and 2020 Health Quarterly Statements.
About the Seminar
- What You Will Learn
- Seminar Content
- Who Should Attend?
- Class Information
- Terms & Conditions
|Early Bird Rate*||$1795|
*Early bird valid until October 2
1 & 2
2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
- Course 1: Introduction to Health Statutory Accounting & Reporting
- Course 2: Health Annual Statement Preparation
- Course 3: Risk-Based Capital Preparation
Multiple Registration Discounts
- 5% discount for 2-3 attendees and/or seminars
- 10% discount for 4 or more attendees and/or seminars
What You Will Learn
- 4-day seminar provides understanding and working knowledge necessary to prepare and file 2019 Health Annual and 2020 Health Quarterly Statements.
- Overview of changes to the 2019 Health Annual and the 2020 Health Quarterly Statements.
- How to prepare all Pages, Exhibits, Schedules and Supplemental Exhibits including the Health RBC Formula and Supplemental Health Care Exhibit in the 2019 Health Annual Statement.
- Overview of the Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles necessary to complete the various pages of the 2019 Health Annual Statement.
- Utilizes Case Studies, Examples and Exercises to enhance participants' skills.
- Those needing an introductory course on Statutory Accounting and Reporting should consider the Introduction to Statutory Accounting and Reporting Seminar prior to attending this seminar.
- Participants are encouraged to bring copies of their 2018 Health Annual Statement and RBC Report for discussion and clarifications of any reporting problems.
- Overview of key Statutory Accounting Principles applicable to completing the Statutory Health Annual Statement.
- Overview of 2019 Annual and 2020 Health Quarterly Statements.
- Accounting and Reporting for Assets, Admitted Assets, Liabilities, Premiums, Claims, Reinsurance.
- Accounting and Reporting for invested assets including Schedules A, B, BA, D, DA, DL & E.
- Completion of Balance Sheet, Statement of Revenue and Expenses, Capital and Surplus, Cash Flow.
- Completion of other Exhibits, Schedules, Notes to Financial Statement and General Interrogatories.
- Completion of all Supplemental Exhibits including the Health Organizations Risk-Based Capital Formula, Supplemental Health Care Exhibit and Supplemental Compensation Exhibit, etc.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals responsible for the preparation and individuals providing supporting data for the preparation of the Health Annual and Quarterly Statements.
- Individuals responsible for the review and final sign-off of the Health Annual and Quarterly Statements.
- Accountants, Auditors, Actuaries, Financial Executives, Regulators and Others responsible for the all or part of the preparation, review or auditing of the Health Blank.
Class begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and concludes at 4:30 p.m. on the last day. Continental breakfast will be served each morning from 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Morning and afternoon refreshments are provided. Lunch is the responsibility of the attendee. A welcome reception will be held after the first day's session.
- Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Level of Difficulty: Basic
Introduction; No prerequisite or advance preparation is required, but the Introduction to Health Statutory Accounting and Reporting Seminar is recommended.
- Format of Course
Presentation with Training Guide ("Group-live")
Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town
7325 East 3rd Avenue
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
About the Hotel
The Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town is located in the heart of Historic Old Town and is within walking distance to Old Town’s restaurants, shops and entertainment. Each guest suite includes a separate living room, bedroom and oversized marble bathroom.
Please note accommodations and travel are not included in the registration fee. For your convenience, we have secured a block of discounted rooms at a rate of $149 per night. Rooms are reserved on a first come first served basis. To reserve your room at the discounted conference rate, contact Marriott reservations at (800) 228-9290 or (480) 945-1550 and reference Millennium Seminars and/or Health Annual Statement Preparation/RBC. Reservations must be made on or before November 8, 2019 to receive the discounted rate.
Terms & Conditions
- Confirmation Procedures
You will receive confirmation via email of your registration. Registration is not complete until your payment is received. Your confirmation will provide information regarding transportation, logistics and materials needed for the seminar(s) as well as an invoice for your tuition.
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel. You may send a replacement or apply your tuition to another MSS seminar within the following 12-months if you notify MSS fifteen (15) business days prior to the seminar date. As an alternative, you may request a refund, less a $200 administrative fee, up to ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date. If notification of cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar for which you are confirmed and do not contact MSS to cancel in advance, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 919.569.6762.
What's New for 2019
- Changes to Schedule D and Summary Investment Schedule to incorporate new reporting and accounting guidelines pursuant to SSAP No. 30R – Unaffiliated Common Stock including key revisions to definition of common stock to now include closed-end funds and unit-investment trusts.
- New Summary Investment Schedule format.
- New Notes to Financial disclosures regarding goodwill pursuant to SSAP No. 68 – Business Combinations and Goodwill and SSAP No. 97 – Investments in Subsidiary, Controlled and Affiliated Entities.
- New Notes to Financial disclosures guidance pursuant SSAP No. 97 – Investments in Subsidiary, Controlled and Affiliated Entities to Note 10O - SCA Loss Tracking to include references to SSAP No. 48 - Joint Ventures, Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies.
- New reporting requirements for Schedule BA regarding investments with underlying characteristics of bonds or fixed instruments.
- New accounting and reporting guidance pursuant to SSAP No. 72 – Surplus and Quasi-Reorganizations regarding distributions to shareholders dividends and return of capital.
- New accounting and disclosure requirements pursuant to SSAP No. 30R – Unaffiliated Common Stock regarding pledged assets to a Federal Home Loan Bank.
- New accounting and disclosure requirements pursuant to SSAP No. 55 – Unpaid Claims, Losses and Loss Adjustment Expenses the reporting and accounting for interest on A&H claims.
- Changes to 2020 1st Quarter Schedule S – Reinsurance regarding ceded code list and additional column for type of business ceded