About the Seminar
- What You Will Learn
- Seminar Content
- Who Should Attend?
- Class Information
- Terms & Conditions
|Early Bird Rate*||$810|
*Early bird valid until October 6
1 & 2
2 & 3
1, 2 & 3
- Course 1: Introduction to Health Statutory Accounting & Reporting
- Course 2: Health Annual Statement Preparation
- Course 3: Risk-Based Capital Preparation
Multiple Registration Discounts
- 5% discount for 2-3 attendees and/or seminars
- 10% discount for 4 or more attendees and/or seminars
What You Will Learn
- How to prepare each section of the Health RBC Formula including the H0, H1, H2, H3, and H4 Sections.
- How Annual Statement Preparation efforts affect preparing the Health RBC Formula.
- Reference guide for all the underlying data in the Annual Statement and internal company records used to prepare the Health RBC Formula.
- How to complete the new Operational Risk calculation address its impact on the Reporting Entity’s Authorized Control Level (ACL).
- How to utilize the Health RBC forecasting tool to study the impact of Company changes to Company's Health RBC results.
- Participants are encouraged to bring copies of their prior year's Annual Statement and RBC Report for discussion and clarifications of any reporting problems. Guidance for start-up companies and the Health RBC Growth Factor.
- Introduction and overview of 2019 Health Risk-Based Capital Formula and Model Law including new states adopting the Model Law for 2019.
- Changes to the 2019 Health RBC Formula and Instructions.
- Proposed changes to the 2020 Health RBC Formula.
- Detailed guidance on completing each section of the Health RBC Formula.
- Guidance on using the forecasting tool for planning and projections.
- Case studies, examples and exercises to enhance participants' skills in preparing Health RBC Formula.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals responsible for the preparation and individuals providing supporting data for the preparation of the Health RBC Formula
- Individuals responsible for the review of the Health RBC Formula
- Individuals who perform analysis of RBC results and forecast RBC and capital projections
Class begins at 8:30 a.m. and concludes at 4:00 p.m. Continental breakfast will be served from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Morning and afternoon refreshments are provided. Lunch will be the responsibility of the attendee.
- Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Level of Difficulty: Basic
No prerequisite or advance preparation is required. Participants should have a general understanding of the preparation of the Annual Statement.
- Format of Course
Presentation with Training Guide ("Group-live")
Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town
7325 East 3rd Avenue
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
About the Hotel
The Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town is located in the heart of Historic Old Town and is within walking distance to Old Town’s restaurants, shops and entertainment. Each guest suite includes a separate living room, bedroom and oversized marble bathroom.
Please note accommodations and travel are not included in the registration fee. For your convenience, we have secured a block of discounted rooms at a rate of $149 per night. Rooms are reserved on a first come first served basis. To reserve your room at the discounted conference rate, contact Marriott reservations at (800) 228-9290 or (480) 945-1550 and reference Millennium Seminars and/or Health Annual Statement Preparation/RBC. Reservations must be made on or before November 8, 2019 to receive the discounted rate.
Terms & Conditions
- Confirmation Procedures
You will receive confirmation via email of your registration. Registration is not complete until your payment is received. Your confirmation will provide information regarding transportation, logistics and materials needed for the seminar(s) as well as an invoice for your tuition.
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel. You may send a replacement or apply your tuition to another MSS seminar within the following 12-months if you notify MSS fifteen (15) business days prior to the seminar date. As an alternative, you may request a refund, less a $200 administrative fee, up to ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date. If notification of cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar for which you are confirmed and do not contact MSS to cancel in advance, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 919.569.6762.
What's New for 2019
- Revisions to Table 2 of the electronic only stop loss tables bifurcating Specific and Aggregate Stop Loss.
- Revisions to H0 - Insurance Affiliates and Miscellaneous Other regarding the risk from declining value of insurance subsidiaries as well as risk from off-balance sheet.
- Impact of Federal Tax Reform on the Health RBC Formula.
- Update on the Working Group decision on whether a bond size factor should be incorporated into the Health RBC Formula.
- Update on the Working Group’s discussion of changes to the “Health Test” and other means of incorporating premium data into the Health RBC Formula.
- Update on discussion of changes to the Health RBC Formula regarding changes to SSAP No. - No. 30 - Unaffiliated Common Stock and SSAP 26R - Bonds regarding NAIC designations for SEC registered investments.
- Update on possible changes to Schedule S and their impact on the Health RBC Formula as a result of the Reinsurance Covered Agreement.
- Update on the development of federal level programs and the potential impact on the Health RBC Formula.
- Update on the Working Group’s review the individual factors for each health care receivables line within the Credit Risk H3 component of the Health RBC Formula.