December 11, 2020 (9am Eastern)
December 18, 2020 (9am Pacific)
Tuition: $640 • CPE Credits: 6
This 1-day virtual training provides understanding and working knowledge necessary to prepare and file the 2020 Health Risk-Based Capital (RBC) Formula.
About the Seminar
- What You Will Learn
- Seminar Content
- Who Should Attend?
- Class Information
- Webinar/Technical Info
- Terms & Conditions
- (includes digital course materials which will be emailed)
|Courses 1 & 2|
|Courses 2 & 3|
|Courses 1, 2 & 3|
- Course 1: Introduction to Health Statutory Accounting & Reporting
- Course 2: Health Annual Statement Preparation
- Course 3: Risk-Based Capital Preparation
Multiple Registration Discounts
- 10% discount for 4 or more attendees and/or seminars
- 15% discount for seminar packages
What You Will Learn (2020 update coming soon)
- How to prepare each section of the Health RBC Formula including the H0, H1, H2, H3, and H4 Sections.
- How Annual Statement Preparation efforts affect preparing the Health RBC Formula.
- Reference guide for all the underlying data in the Annual Statement and internal company records used to prepare the Health RBC Formula.
- How to complete the new Operational Risk calculation address its impact on the Reporting Entity’s Authorized Control Level (ACL).
- How to utilize the Health RBC forecasting tool to study the impact of Company changes to Company's Health RBC results.
- Participants are encouraged to bring copies of their prior year's Annual Statement and RBC Report for discussion and clarifications of any reporting problems. Guidance for start-up companies and the Health RBC Growth Factor.
- Click here for a complete agenda. (coming soon)
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals responsible for the preparation and individuals providing supporting data for the preparation of the Health RBC Formula
- Individuals responsible for the review of the Health RBC Formula
- Individuals who perform analysis of RBC results and forecast RBC and capital projections
- Class begins at 8:30 a.m. and concludes at 4:00 p.m.
- Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Level of Difficulty: Basic
No prerequisite or advance preparation is required. Participants should have a general understanding of the preparation of the Annual Statement.
- Format of Course
Presentation with Training Guide ("Group Internet-Based")
- Click here for the complete agenda. (coming soon)
- Those wanting CPE credit must be registered and log on individually on desktop computers or laptops. Polling questions must be answered during presentation.
- The audio for our webinars is integrated; there is no separate call-in number. You will need either built-in, external speakers or headphones in order to hear the audio. Please call our office at 919.569.6762, if you have any questions or concerns.
- Internet Explorer is not compatible with our webinar software. We recommend using Chrome, Edge or Firefox to access our webinars.
- Before the webinar, use our diagnostic tool to determine if your computer is set up to work with our webinars.
- Registration closes 1 day before the webinar start time.
Terms & Conditions
- Confirmation Procedures
You will receive confirmation via email of your registration. Registration is not complete until your payment is received. Your confirmation will provide information regarding logistics and materials needed for the seminar(s) as well as an invoice for your tuition.
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel. You may send a replacement or apply your tuition to another MSS seminar within the following 12-months if you notify MSS fifteen (15) business days prior to the seminar date. As an alternative, you may request a refund, less a $200 administrative fee, up to ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date. If notification of cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar for which you are confirmed and do not contact MSS to cancel in advance, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 919.569.6762.