August 26-28, 2020 (9am Eastern)
September 1-3, 2020 (9am Pacific)
Tuition: $1,275 • CPE Credits: 21
This 3-day virtual training provides an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of statutory accounting and reporting practices specific to health organizations.
About the Seminar
- What You Will Learn
- Seminar Content
- Who Should Attend?
- Class Information
- Virtual Training Information
- Terms & Conditions
- (includes digital course materials which will be emailed)
|Courses 1 & 2|
|Courses 2 & 3|
|Courses 1, 2 & 3|
- Course 1: Introduction to Health Statutory Accounting & Reporting
- Course 2: Health Annual Statement Preparation
- Course 3: Risk-Based Capital Preparation
Multiple Registration Discounts
- 10% discount for 4 or more attendees and/or seminars
- 15% discount for seminar packages
What You Will Learn (2020 update coming soon)
- Understanding of regulatory environment in which health organizations operate.
- Understanding of insurance concepts including insurance regulation, Statutory and GAAP Accounting Principle similarities and differences.
- Understanding of Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAPs) applicable to health organizations including but not limited to premium and reinsurance accounting, investment accounting, claims accounting, and other key accounting concepts.
- Understanding of the statutory accounting and reporting of ACA Fees and Risk-Sharing Programs.
- Overview of key Pages, Exhibits and Schedules in the Health Annual Statement.
- Case studies, examples, and other exercises used to enhance participants' skill.
- Participants are encouraged to bring copies of their prior year's annual statement and RBC report for discussion and clarifications of any reporting problems.
- Click here for a complete agenda. (coming soon)
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals needing an understanding of statutory accounting and reporting principles and how they compare and differ with GAAP.
- Individuals needing a high level overview of the Health Annual and Quarterly Statements and the Health Risk-Based Capital formula.
- Accountants, Auditors, Actuaries, Financial Executives, Regulators and Others responsible for the all or part of the Statutory Accounting and Reporting.
- Class begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m. on last day.
- Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Level of Difficulty: Basic
Introduction; No prerequisite or advance preparation is required
- Format of Course
Presentation with Training Guide ("Group Internet-Based")
- Click here for the complete agenda. (coming soon)
Terms & Conditions
- Confirmation Procedures
You will receive confirmation via email of your registration. Registration is not complete until your payment is received. Your confirmation will provide information regarding logistics and materials needed for the seminar(s) as well as an invoice for your tuition.
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel. You may send a replacement or apply your tuition to another MSS seminar within the following 12-months if you notify MSS fifteen (15) business days prior to the seminar date. As an alternative, you may request a refund, less a $200 administrative fee, up to ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date. If notification of cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar for which you are confirmed and do not contact MSS to cancel in advance, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 919.569.6762.
Virtual Training Information
- Those wanting CPE credit must be registered and log on individually on desktop computers or laptops. Polling questions must be answered during presentation.
- The audio for our webinars is integrated; there is no separate call-in number. You will need either built-in, external speakers or headphones in order to hear the audio. Please call our office at 919.569.6762, if you have any questions or concerns.
- Internet Explorer is not compatible with our webinar software. We recommend using Chrome, Edge or Firefox to access our webinars.
- Before the webinar, use our diagnostic tool to determine if your computer is set up to work with our webinars.
- Registration closes 1 day before the webinar start time.