Tuition: $640 • CPE Credits: 7.5
This virtual training provides statutory accounting and reporting for Accident and Health Claims.
October 13, 2020
October 15, 2020
About the Seminar
- What You Will Learn
- Seminar Content
- Who Should Attend?
- Class Information
- Virtual Training Info
- Terms & Conditions
- (includes digital course materials which will be emailed)
- 10% discount for 4 or more attendees and/or seminars
- 15% discount for seminar packages
What You Will Learn
- Statutory accounting and reporting for Accident and Health Claims.
- Understanding and working knowledge of statutory accounting and reporting principles for claims reserves and liabilities;
- Instructions on how to prepare and file claim Underwriting & Investment Exhibits including U&I Parts 2, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 3, and Exhibits 3, 3A and 7.
- How claims and ACA data affects other statutory schedules and exhibits including the Health Risk-Based Capital Formula.
- Participants are encouraged to have available a copy of their prior year's annual statement and RBC report for discussion and clarifications of any reporting problems.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals responsible for the preparation and individuals providing supporting data for the preparation of the Underwriting and Investment Exhibits Parts 2, 2B, 2C, 2D and 3.
- Individuals responsible for the review of the Underwriting and Investment Exhibits Accountants, Auditors, Actuaries, Financial Executives, Regulators and Others responsible for the preparation, review or auditing of the Underwriting and Investment Exhibits and other claim and claim adjustment expense exhibits.
- Class begins at 9:00 a.m. and concludes at 4:00 p.m.
- Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Level of Difficulty: Basic
No prerequisite or advance preparation is required.
- Format of Course
Presentation with Training Guide ("Group Internet-Based")
- Click here for a complete agenda.
Terms & Conditions
- Registration closes 3 business days before the seminar start time.
- Confirmation Procedures
You will receive confirmation via email of your registration. Registration is not complete until your payment is received. Your confirmation will provide information regarding logistics and materials needed for the seminar(s) as well as an invoice for your tuition.
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel. You may send a replacement or apply your tuition to another MSS seminar within the following 12-months if you notify MSS fifteen (15) business days prior to the seminar date. As an alternative, you may request a refund, less a $200 administrative fee, up to ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date. If notification of cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar for which you are confirmed and do not contact MSS to cancel in advance, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 919.569.6762.
Virtual Training Information
- Make sure you can access mcs-nc.adobeconnect.com. Check with your IT department to unblock this site if needed.
- We recommend using Chrome, Edge or Firefox to access our meeting room. If you use Internet Explorer 10 or 11, you may need to set to compatibility mode to work correctly. If your browser just spins and never loads, you will need to contact your IT staff as your firewall is blocking the site.
- Please run our diagnostic tool to determine if your computer is set up to work with our VTS platform. If you pass, you should be all set to go.
- The audio line for the training session will be provided once you are in the meeting room. You are also welcome to use the VoIP (integrated audio) feature.
- Training materials will be emailed to you approximately 1-2 days prior to the Virtual Training Seminar.
- Those wanting CPE credit must be registered and logged on individually on desktop or laptop computers and answer polling questions during the presentation.