Tuition: $1,300 • CPE Credits: 21.5
This 3-day Virtual Training Seminar provides an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of statutory accounting and reporting practices specific to health organizations.
September 15-17, 2021
( 9:15am Central | 8:15am Mountain | 7:15am Pacific )
What You Will Learn
- Understanding of regulatory environment in which health organizations operate.
- Understanding of insurance concepts including insurance regulation, Statutory and GAAP Accounting Principle similarities and differences.
- Understanding of Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAPs) applicable to health organizations including but not limited to premium and reinsurance accounting, investment accounting, claims accounting, and other key accounting concepts.
- Understanding of the statutory accounting and reporting of ACA Fees and Risk-Sharing Programs.
- Overview of key Pages, Exhibits and Schedules in the Health Annual Statement.
- Participants are encouraged to bring copies of their prior year's annual statement and RBC report for discussion and clarifications of any reporting problems.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals needing an understanding of statutory accounting and reporting principles and how they compare and differ with GAAP.
- Individuals needing a high level overview of the Health Annual Statement, NEW Schedule Y – Part 3 and various Supplemental Filings including but not limited to the Health Risk-Based Capital Formula, Supplemental Health Care Exhibit, and Management Discussion and Analysis.
- Accountants, Auditors, Actuaries, Financial Executives, Regulators and Others responsible for the all or part of the Statutory Accounting and Reporting.
- Class begins at 10:15 a.m. and ends at 5:15 p.m. on last day.
- Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Level of Difficulty: Basic
Introduction; No prerequisite or advance preparation is required
- Format of Course
Presentation with Training Guide ("Group Internet-Based")
Terms & Conditions
- Registration closes 1 week before the seminar start time.
- Confirmation Procedures
You will receive confirmation via email for your registration. Registration is not complete until your payment is received.
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel. You may send a replacement if you notify SS&C five (5) business days prior to the seminar date. As an alternative, you may request a refund, less a $250 administrative fee, up to ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date. If notification of cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar for which you are confirmed and do not contact SS&C to cancel in advance, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact Jennifer Taylor direct at 919.569.6762.
- Bruce A. Cromartie
- Karen Foster
Virtual Training Information
- Make sure you can access ssctech.adobeconnect.com. Check with your IT department to unblock this site if needed.
- We recommend using Chrome, Edge or Firefox to access our meeting room. If your browser just spins and never loads, you will need to contact your IT staff as your firewall is blocking the site.
- Please run our diagnostic tool to determine if your computer is set up to work with our VTS platform. If you pass, you should be all set to go.
- The audio line for the training session will be provided once you are in the meeting room. You are also welcome to use the VoIP (integrated audio) feature.
- Training materials will be emailed to you approximately 1-2 days prior to the Virtual Training Seminar.
- Those wanting CPE credit must be registered and logged on individually on desktop or laptop computers and answer polling questions during the presentation.