Tuition: $1,025 • CPE Credits: 10.5
This 2-day virtual training seminar provides an understanding and working knowledge of statutory accounting and reporting requirements for insurance companies' invested assets, including Life, Health and P&C companies.
September 22-23, 2021
( 9:30am Central | 8:30am Mountain | 7:30am Pacific
What You Will Learn
- Fundamental understanding of the nature and types of invested assets used by insurance companies.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the NAIC's Capital Markets and Investment Analysis Office and the Purposes and Procedures Manual.
- Differences between Statutory and GAAP accounting and reporting guidance for invested assets.
- Changes to the 2020 Purposes and Procedures Manual and an update of 2021 and 2022 investment accounting and reporting requirements.
- How to prepare the various Annual Statement Pages, Exhibits and Schedules for invested assets including Schedules, A, B, BA, D, DA, DL, and E.
- How invested assets impact the Risk-Based Capital Formulas.
- Participants are encouraged to bring copies of their prior year's annual statement and RBC report for discussion and clarifications of any reporting problems.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals responsible for filing securities with the SVO.
- Individuals responsible for preparing, reviewing, and analyzing statutory investment schedules.
- Individuals responsible for preparing annual and quarterly statutory filings.
- Investment bankers, regulators and others responsible for the investment function of the company.
- Class begins at 10:30 a.m. and ends at 3:15 p.m. on last day.
- Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Level of Difficulty: Basic
No prerequisite or advance preparation is required
- Format of Course
Presentation with Training Guide ("Group Internet-Based")
Terms & Conditions
- Registration closes 1 week before the seminar start time.
- Confirmation Procedures
You will receive confirmation via email for your registration. Registration is not complete until your payment is received.
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel. You may send a replacement if you notify SS&C five (5) business days prior to the seminar date. As an alternative, you may request a refund, less a $250 administrative fee, up to ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date. If notification of cancellation is received less than ten (10) business days prior to the seminar date, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount. In fairness to all attendees, if you do not attend a seminar for which you are confirmed and do not contact SS&C to cancel in advance, you will be liable for the entire tuition amount.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact Jennifer Taylor direct at 919.569.6762.
- Colleen Gingrich
- Brian Neader
Virtual Training Information
- Make sure you can access ssctech.adobeconnect.com. Check with your IT department to unblock this site if needed.
- We recommend using Chrome, Edge or Firefox to access our meeting room. If your browser just spins and never loads, you will need to contact your IT staff as your firewall is blocking the site.
- Please run our diagnostic tool to determine if your computer is set up to work with our VTS platform. If you pass, you should be all set to go.
- The audio line for the training session will be provided once you are in the meeting room. You are also welcome to use the VoIP (integrated audio) feature.
- Training materials will be emailed to you approximately 1-2 days prior to the Virtual Training Seminar.
- Those wanting CPE credit must be registered and logged on individually on desktop or laptop computers and answer polling questions during the presentation.